If you have recently noticed your skin becoming dull or wrinkled, then a BBL Photofacial can do wonders for your skin!
BBL Photofacials are gaining popularity by every passing day. They’re basically phototherapy treatments that use Broadband Light (BBL) to reduce wrinkles, signs of aging, and other skin conditions.
Lately, we have been getting a lot of questions about their credibility. Are they safe? Are they for me? How many treatments are required? And so on…
Today, we will answer all your questions. After reading this short and quick guide, you will understand everything you need to know about BBL Photofacials!
What Exactly Is It?
BBL Photofacials are basically phototherapy treatments in which Broadband Light is used to reduce wrinkles, signs of aging, and other skin conditions.
As we age, our skin naturally becomes dull and wrinkled. Once that happens, with the help of BBL Photofacials you don’t have to be stuck with these skin issues.
What Can It Treat?
BBL Photofacials are popularly used to treat:
- Age spots
- Vascular lesions
- Pigmented lesions
- Uneven skin texture
How It Works
During treatment, short blasts of high-intensity light are targeted precisely on important areas of your skin. The light gently heats the upper layers of your skin.
Your skin absorbs this heat, and this helps stimulate your skin cells to regenerate.
Whether your target skin area to heal is filled with redness, pigmentation, or brown spots, the heat absorbed your skin will reduce the problem.
Is It Safe?
BBL Photofacial treatments are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). There’s no surgery involved, and typically the recovery time is quick.
Therefore, the treatments are considered safe.
Is It for You?
Anyone who is looking to get fresher, healthier, and wrinkle-free skin can benefit a lot from getting a BBL Photofacial.
If you want to treat rosacea, freckles, age spots, vascular or pigmented lesions, then a few or (in some cases) even one BBL Photofacial can significantly, if not completely treat the problem.
How Many Treatment Sessions You Need?
The number of treatment sessions you’ll need depends on your skin condition. Some people get their desired results from multiple sessions, while for others, a single session achieves their ideal skin.
In most cases, 3 to 4 treatments are enough to treat your skin issue completely. However, for rosacea and vascular sun damage, additional treatments might be required.
Quick Before, During, and After Treatment Tips and Facts
Before treatment tips and facts
- Spend most of your time at home and away from sunlight.
- If you’ve recently got a tan, then we advise you to wait for a while.
- Avoid medication that makes you sensitive to light. But before you do that, consult your doctor first.
During treatment tips and facts
- Normally, a single treatment session takes about 30-60 minutes only.
- During the treatment, it’s normal for your skin to become slightly red or swollen.
- Your skin will become warm and you may experience mild discomfort.
After treatment tips and facts
- Avoid exfoliants, scented lotions, and scrubbing your skin aggressively.
- Freckles and sunspots usually get darker. But this only lasts for one to three weeks before your skin becomes fresher and healthier.
- You may experience a sunburn-like feeling. If this happens, use some ice to ease the pain.