Rosacea Treatment Options: Chemical Peels, Morpheus8, Microlaser Peels, and BBL Photofacial
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that affects an estimated 16 million Americans. It’s characterized by facial redness, flushing, visible blood vessels, and sometimes acne-like bumps. The condition can be triggered by a variety of factors, including sun exposure, heat, spicy foods, and alcohol. Rosacea could be embarrassing and can lead to isolation, make you feel lack of confidence, cause social anxiety, and decreased quality of life. The most important thing for treating Rosacea is to avoid the trigger.
Treat The “Bumps” & Treat The “FLUSH” Deep Vessels
While there’s no known cure for Rosacea, there are a variety of treatment options that can help manage its symptoms. At Vanity Medical Spa, we will come up with a customizable treatment package for your skin’s unique needs and tailored towards your budget.
- Chemical Peels: Optimal for Mild to Moderate Rosacea sufferers. chemical peels with n going avoiding of the trigger and daily skin care products will reduce the Bumps and the Flush. Vanity Medical Spa carries a few lines of peels well suited for your Rosacea and your budget.
- Exosomes – Are becoming another hot topic in aesthetics for multiple uses and one of them being skin care, they stimulate skin cell regeneration, anti-inflammatory properties and boost collagen. Vanity medical Spa uses different type of exosome depending on and how severe the clients’ conditions are. These show promising results in photodamaged, reducing redness and improving signs of aging.
- Rotox – This is a pride of Vanity Medical Spa, whom has been using this formula for years with hundreds of satisfied patients, we are the first in the area to use this blend, Dr. Berberian was trained by the industry elite and learned this technique in early 2013. Most Dermatologist are still unaware of this use.
- BBL Photofacial – A BBL (broadband light) photofacial is a non-invasive light-based treatment that can be used to treat a variety of skin concerns, including hyperpigmentation, acne, and rosacea. The treatment works by delivering pulses of light to the skin, which can help to reduce redness and inflammation.
- Microlaser Peels – A microlaser peel is a minimally invasive laser resurfacing treatment that can be used to treat a variety of skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. It can also be an effective treatment option for rosacea.
- Microneedling – Microneedling can be an effective treatment option for rosacea as it can help to improve skin texture, reduce redness, and decrease the appearance of visible blood vessels.
- Morphues8 Radio Frequency Morpheus8 is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy. The procedure can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation. It can also be an effective treatment option for rosacea.
In addition to these treatment options, it’s also important for individuals with rosacea to take steps to manage their condition on a daily basis. This may include avoiding triggers such as sun exposure, spicy foods, and alcohol, as well as following a skincare routine that includes gentle cleansers and moisturizers.
What causes rosacea?
Rosacea affects people of all ages. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown, although a number of possible factors have been suggested, including abnormalities in the blood vessels of the face and a reaction to microscopic mites commonly found on the face. Although they’re not thought to be direct causes of the condition, several triggers have been identified that may make rosacea worse.
Some of these triggers include:
- exposure to sunlight
- strenuous exercise
- hot or cold weather
- alcohol and caffeine
- certain foods, such as spicy foods
Is rosacea contagious?
No. Rosacea is not considered an infectious disease, and there is no evidence that it can be spread by contact with the skin or through inhaling airborne bacteria. The effectiveness of antibiotics against rosacea symptoms is widely believed to be due to their anti-inflammatory effect, rather than their ability to destroy bacteria.
Is rosacea hereditary?
Although no scientific research has been performed on rosacea and heredity, there is evidence that suggests rosacea may be inherited. More than half of rosacea patients surveyed by the National Rosacea Society said they had at least one family member who had similar symptoms.
Can rosacea be diagnosed before you have a major flare-up?
It is sometimes possible to identify “prerosacea” in teenagers and persons in their early 20s. These individuals generally come to the dermatologist for acne treatment and exhibit flushing and blushing episodes that last longer than normal. The prolonged redness usually appears over the cheeks, chin, nose or forehead. These patients also may find topical acne medications or certain skin-care products irritating.
How is rosacea treated?
This is a very common question that is asked in our office. Since we do not have the same protocol in place for every person, we formulate a combination skin treatment plan for you to meet your goals. We will achieve this by using multiple technologies and discussing with you at time of consultation.
What Do I Except After Treatments?
All Vanity Medical Spa treatments are done by Robert Berberian MD in the comfort of our office. We are fast, effective and efficient with NO Downtime, most people will go back to their normal daily routine after most of our procedures. We may ask you to use sun block when long periods of sun are expected. To also keep your skin moisturized as well.
Struggling with Rosacea?
If rosacea breakouts are making you uncomfortable, Vanity Medical Spa has several safe and effective treatments to help! Contact us today to schedule an appointment and explore all options available (201) 815-5950Request An Appointment
Book Your Consultation
About Dr. Robert Berberian
Dr. Berberian is committed to providing the highest quality of care in the treatment of his patients. Patients come from all over to be treated by Dr. Berberian and his experienced staff.
Dr. Berberian has over 20 years of experience and was Honored as one of “Bergen County’s Top Doctors in 2019 & 2020″ which was featured in Bergen Magazine.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a discount code for 10% off your next treatment.
Mon: 9AM – 4PM
Tue: 9AM – 5PM
Wed: 9AM – 5PM
Thur: 9AM – 5PM
Fri: 9AM – 1PM
Sat- Sun: Closed