Are you a candidate for KYBELLA?
Excess neck fat in the submental area — the “double chin” — is a common aesthetic concern for many. The ideal KYBELLA® candidate is someone with excess neck fat who wants to avoid surgery or liposuction.
KYBELLA® Is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin — the “double chin.”
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You are bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness.
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are.
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away.
- You do not want surgery.
KYBELLA® is not used as a “skin tightener” and will not lift loose or sagging skin. remove creases, augment, plump or enhance the tone of the neck.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does KYBELLA® work?
- The active ingredient in KYBELLA is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Decoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells permanently, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat. Further treatment is not expected once you reach your aesthetic goal
- Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from person to person. KYBELLA® treatment sessions are given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under you chin, and the injection process takes about 15 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
After Care: (Read more)
Most people feel no pain after treatment and you can go back to your normal activities the next day.
- We recommend a minimum of three treatments. Treatments are more affordable when you purchase a three treatment package.
- *For 18 months interest free financing apply at www.advancecarecard.com
- For more information go to: www.mykybella.com.
What to expect with KYBELLA?
Before starting treatment, your healthcare specialist will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if KYBELLA® is right for you. Then, your specialist will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals
How Many KYBELLA® Treatment Sessions Will I Need?
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. Your healthcare specialist will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Each KYBELLA® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments. In clinical studies, 59% of patients received 6 treatments.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies). In clinical studies, nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days).
When can I expect to see results?
You may begin to see visible smoothing as early as 2-4 days after injection. The median first onset of effect was less than a week. The maximum effect occurred at 14 days. The typical duration of effect was up to 3 months in clinical trials but may last significantly longer or shorter in individual patients.
Join Our Mailing List
Monday | 9AM – 4PM
Tuesday | 9AM – 5PM
Wednesday | 9AM – 5PM
Thursday | 9AM – 5PM
Friday | 9AM – 1PM
Sunday | Closed