Spider Vein Removal
Spider veins are the small, thread-like colored veins that are seen on the surface of the skin, they are most commonly seen on the upper thighs or lower legs of women. Although spider veins carry blood, they are not part of the venous valve system and can be removed permanently through a simple office procedure known as Sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy is used commonly for spider veins and smaller varicose veins. It involves injecting a small volume of liquid into the diseased vein. The sclerosing liquid acts upon the lining of the vein to cause it to seal shut, eliminating the vein completely.
Sclerotherapy is performed in our office with no anesthesia required. Because there are many veins in the leg, the blood that would have flowed through the closed vein simply flows through other healthy veins after the procedure. The loss of the diseased vein is not a problem for the circulatory system.
Recovery & Aftercare
- You may be asked to wear a compression stocking to help keep pressure on the veins. This will reduce bruising and keep the treated veins closed.
- Bruises around the treated areas usually disappear after the first week.
- Resume normal activities immediately, although vigorous activity should not be undertaken for the first 24 hours.
- Walking is important, as it increases blood flow through the other veins.
- Most patients will experience a 70% reduction.
- Final results may not be apparent for several months.
Struggling with Varicose and Spider Veins
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and explore all options available (201) 815-5950Request an Appointment
Book Your Consultation
About Dr. Robert Berberian
Dr. Berberian is committed to providing the highest quality of care in the treatment of his patients. Patients come from all over to be treated by Dr. Berberian and his experienced staff.
Dr. Berberian has over 20 years of experience and was Honored as one of “Bergen County’s Top Doctors in 2019 & 2020″ which was featured in Bergen Magazine.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a discount code for 10% off your next treatment.
Mon: 9AM – 4PM
Tue: 9AM – 5PM
Wed: 9AM – 5PM
Thur: 9AM – 5PM
Fri: 9AM – 1PM
Sat- Sun: Closed